You can’t have a sunroom without any windows. But with hundreds of options to choose from, the selection process can seem a bit overwhelming. Start by pinpointing the style and material that fits best, and window shopping will become far easier.
How should they open?
- Fixed windows don’t open, and are typically used in sunrooms where the walls are made entirely out of glass.
- Slider windows consist of two framed panes that move side to side.
- Double-hung windows have two framed panes that move up and down instead of side to side.
- Casement windows are able to open entirely, unlike slider and double-hangs, which can only be half open.
- Awning windows are hinged on the top, so the window becomes a rain shield when its open.
What material do you want?
- Vinyl windows never have to be painted. They also come in a handful of colors.
- Wood windows can be painted to match the interior and exterior trim of your sunroom.
- Clad windows are made from wood, but are covered with vinyl or aluminum. So in the end, you get the look of wood, but in a variety of different colors.
Still not sure which window is right for your next project? Our expert staff members are factory-trained not only on each of our products, but also on the proper way to install them. Call Superior Windowland at (203) 948-7770 for a FREE estimate or visit our website today!